background

Saturday, September 8, 2012

WHATASIGHTWORD (Sight Words Display For Classroom)

Teaching English Language Learners (ELLs) is always a great challenge to take on and one I always look forward to each school year.   This school year, I wanted to organize the sight words in a different manner than previous school years.  My vision is to see students be more interactive with their sight words as they use them to do various language art activities with them.  We have always done the following activities:  spell them out, find them in their books, magazines, postcards, write sentences with them, use them as they speak English etc... but now I want my students to choose the words they want to keep practicing.  Keeping in mind, that eventually, they will need to choose different sight words each time they use the WHATASIGHTWORD Board.

I went to my local WHATABURGER and they gladly donated the french fries containers.  Thanks so much!  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment